Witnessing any traumatic event can be quite a shocking and disturbing experience. In such a situation, your primary aim should be to support grieving family members and help them recover from the distressful event. Apart from looking after your family members, your other concern should be proper trauma cleanup in your home to prevent the spread of disease and infection.
For such a task, you’ll need to hire a firm to provide trauma cleanup services so you can be sure that every nook and cranny of your home is cleaned and disinfected in the right manner.
Today, we will look at why proper cleanup is necessary after any traumatic event and at the correct procedure utilized by professionals for such cleanup work.
Why Proper Cleanup is Necessary
In the case of a violent crime taking place inside a house, or if a body starts decomposing inside the house, all nearby building materials are at risk of being contaminated by toxic agents. In such a situation, trauma scene cleanup professionals have to ensure that everything is properly cleaned and disinfected.
For example, if there are bloodstains on the carpet, they might soak through and reach the hard surface flooring underneath.
Thus, professional trauma cleanup will not only involve cleaning and disinfecting the carpet, but also the flooring underneath it.
Steps in Trauma Cleanup
- Absorbent materials need to be utilized to remove any bodily fluids or tissues, to be disposed of as medical waste
- Next, all contaminated materials and areas need to be cleaned using detergent and water
- If blood has not contaminated any particular surface, it can be cleaned using only a commercial germicide or disinfectant
- For surfaces contaminated by blood, a bleach solution will be required with ten parts water and one-part bleach (cleaning professionals will avoid placing a bleach solution directly over a significantly large amount of vomit, blood, or feces, since the solution can react with such matter and produce noxious fumes)
- The bleach solution should be allowed to absorb into the surface for about ten minutes before the area is thoroughly rinsed with water
- Brooms, mops, and dustpans utilized during the cleanup process should also be decontaminated using a bleach solution
If you’ve had to face any traumatic event and are looking for immediate assistance with trauma scene cleanup, you should get in touch with ServiceMaster DSI at (800) 954-9444.
Our experts have the required experience with such cleanup tasks and are well aware of the mental state that family members will be in. As such, we perform trauma cleanup in a very discreet manner and try to complete the task as quickly as possible.
Upon receiving your call, we will immediately reach your home in Parkville, MO, analyze the situation, and start the necessary cleaning and disinfection work to make everything is returned to the condition it was in before the unfortunate event.