Natural disasters can wreak havoc and cause serious damage to your property. Moreover, there can be downed trees and many other types of debris which need to be removed from your property. When faced with this kind of problem, the best option is to hire a professional firm to conduct restoration as well as debris removal in Leawood, KS.
What type of debris gets generated during natural disasters?
According to the EPA, in natural disasters such as tornadoes, most of the debris consists of things like:
- Building materials such as broken concrete, bricks, roofing, reinforcing iron, piping, and electrical wiring.
- Green waste like trees, branches, and shrubs.
- Dirt, sand, rocks, and pieces of pavement scoured and lifted aloft.
- Personal property ripped from destroyed and damaged homes and businesses.
Disaster Restoration and Debris Removal Services
Clean Up of Downed Trees: If tornadoes and severe thunderstorms cause branches or entire trees to fall onto your home, driveway, or vehicle, restoration professionals can clear away the debris to providing safer access and also facilitate restoration as well as repair work.
Weather Protection: If broken branches or fallen trees have damaged the roof, the restoration firm can set up temporary tarps to prevent water and debris from getting into your home.
Pack-out and Moving: In the event of a disaster, it may become necessary for you to temporarily move out of the house to facilitate restoration and repair work. Hiring a restoration firm that has necessary equipment and resources to pack as well as move your belongings to a safer place will help to quickly facilitate the restoration process.
Importance of Hiring a Professional Firm
It is important to hire a professional firm that has the knowledge and expertise to remove and discard debris in a safe and approved manner with the required equipment to take care of any challenging task.
Tips on Hiring the Right Company for Debris Removal
Some of the things you need to consider before hiring any company for such work should include:
- Checking to make sure they have the required license as well as proper insurance to perform this type of work.
- Obtaining a detailed estimate in writing from the company that explains all costs and scheduling related to the project.
- Ensuring the company has the required equipment and resources to perform the needed cleanup and restoration tasks. Don’t pick a company simply because they offered the lowest price—this isn’t a time for unpleasant, costly surprises!
If your house has been affected by a natural disaster and you are searching for a competent provider of restoration services and debris removal in Leawood, KS, contact ServiceMaster DSI. We make sure that debris removal is done properly and as per set guidelines. You just have to call us at 913-262-1384 and let us know about the problem you are facing. We will send a team of professionals to your home to start the work as soon as possible!