Mold growth in homes can cause costly damage, musty odors, and severe health problems. By hiring ServiceMaster DSI for mold remediation, you can trust that any and all mold will be effectively and thoroughly removed from your Overland Park, KS home.
Today, we’re going to take a look at how our technicians utilize their expertise to perform successful mold remediation.
Using Different Mold Remediation Techniques
Removing mold isn’t as straightforward as you might think. Our professionals understand there are various mold remediation techniques that are most effective for different scenarios. A few of the important tasks we perform as part of mold remediation include:
- Cleaning all surfaces contaminated by mold, including structural elements. Our experts use a combination of aggressive and abrasive cleaning techniques to achieve this goal, including:
- Dry ice blasting
- Soda blasting
- Wire brushing
- Approved disposal of things that cannot be properly cleaned
Additionally, our mold cleanup technicians utilize other advanced methods that yield positive results during mold remediation. In the following section we will explore the details in greater depth.
Using Hydrogen Peroxide in Mold Removal
The benefit of using hydrogen peroxide is that it’s able to destroy mold by utilizing the oxidation process.
Our professionals make use of their experience to select the right percentage of hydrogen peroxide to achieve the desired results during cleanup. The steps they utilize for mold remediation include:
- Perform detailed inspection of locations where contamination has occurred
- After the inspection, they create a containment zone and maintain negative air pressure where the work is being conducted
- Technicians properly and safely disposed of items that cannot be cleaned
- As part of the mold cleanup process, a HEPA vacuum is used on structural materials such as framing and plywood before the hydrogen peroxide is applied
- A biocide is employed to destroy any remaining microbes
- As the last step, everything in your home is analyzed to ensure things have dried completely and their moisture content does not exceed sixteen percent
Effective mold remediation requires expert help, otherwise you could find yourself dealing with a recurring mold problem. ServiceMaster DSI has the resources, experience, and training to effectively remove mold from your home, and we’re available 24/7/365 to help you. For immediate assistance in Overland Park, KS, contact us at (816) 527-9412.