Mold growth is to be taken seriously since it can easily damage anything it grows on and can result in bad odors. Its unsightly appearance will also damage your home’s aesthetic appeal. To properly remove the mold in your Prairie Village, KS, home, you’ll need to hire a professional mold cleanup firm, like ServiceMaster DSI.
When looking at professional firms, how do you know which one is right for you? You don’t want to hire an inexpensive, yet inexperienced firm, but you also don’t want to break the bank. Today, we’ll discuss what to look for in a professional mold remediation firm.
How to Choose the Right Mold Cleanup Company
If a mold problem exists in an area that’s equal to or more than a hundred square feet, then it’ll be necessary to hire a professional firm for mold removal.
But, you want to make sure you’re hiring the right company. Here are a few details to check for when looking for mold removal professionals:
- Use Appropriate Techniques: You want to avoid companies that use fogging or spraying to remove mold. These methods aren’t effective for complete mold removal and won’t prevent the mold from returning.
- Check References: When looking at a company, ask them for references from past customers. This way you’ll be able to find out whether the firms carry out their tasks in a professional manner. You can also check reviews online to see what former customers have to say.
- Action Plan and Estimates: You should also check if the company is providing a written estimate so there won’t be any surprises. Also, the company should have a detailed plan of action as to how they’ll be treating the mold problem. This plan should also include how to keep you and your family safe while the home is being treated.
- Terms of Payment: It isn’t customary for a company to require all money upfront. A reputable firm will require a down payment before work begins, but won’t ask for the rest until after the cleanup is completed. Again, make sure the payment arrangement is in writing and signed by both parties.
- Necessary Insurance: Not being appropriately insured is a huge red flag. A reputable restoration firm will have the necessary insurance, which may include commercial general liability, contractual liability, and pollution liability insurance.
- Inspect Results: Make sure someone will perform an inspection of the work. This should be someone with no association with the mold remediation firm to ensure an unbiased inspection.
If you’ve noticed mold growing in your Prairie Village, KS, home and want to hire a professional firm for mold cleanup, then you can count on us. ServiceMaster DSI has the experience and specialized equipment to ensure that remediation work will be effective. We won’t just remove the mold but we will ensure it doesn’t return. All you have to do is give us a call at (816) 527-9412, and we’ll get started on the cleanup work.