Mold can create serious problems in your Parkville, MO, home, ranging from damage to your possessions to health issues to odors problems. By hiring a mold remediation firm, you can ensure that your mold problem will be fixed appropriately and that the issue will not resurface.
Which firm should you hire? This is the question that you will face while searching for a mold removal company. Thus, in the following sections we will provide some useful details to help you find the right company for the task.
Selecting the Right Firm for Mold Cleanup
Ask About Insurance
You’ll need to have information about the kind of liability insurance that the mold removal firm has. In addition, you’ll need to inquire about what and how much the insurance will cover.
It will be important to ensure that the insurance firm covers microbial or mold work.
Check for Complaints
Before hiring any mold remediation company, you’ll need to make sure that there are no complaints filed against them. For this, you should contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Bureau of Consumer Protection (BCP), and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
You should also contact the licensing office to check whether there is any record of work practice violations against the company.
Determine Any Conflicts of Interest
You’ll want to avoid any probable conflicts of interest by appointing separate companies to conduct testing and to perform mold cleanup.
Ensure Proper Communication
You’ll want to hire a firm that is always available to respond to your queries. You should check:
- How promptly the firm replies to your queries while the inquiry and bidding process is underway
- Whether your calls are answered in a timely fashion
- If the firm is eager to reply to your questions
Request an Inspection Report
You’ll want to ensure that the mold removal company provides a detailed inspection report that summarizes the following details:
- All the parts of the home that were inspected
- The basic reason behind the mold growth in your home
- The steps to be performed to fix the mold problem
- Mold sampling (when such sampling was performed)
Ask About the Services Required
You should ask for the following services if a mold problem is found in your home:
- A plan of action to stop the water problem that resulted in the mold growth
- Details about what type of testing will be performed and what kind of information will be provided in the testing report
- A plan to fix the mold problem
If you suspect mold growth in your home in Parkville, MO, and are looking for a firm to perform the necessary inspection and take up the task of mold remediation, you should contact ServiceMaster DSI.
Our experts have the required experience, certification, and equipment to perform such cleanup in accordance with industry standards. They can also take the necessary steps to fix the underlying water damage.
All you have to do is contact us on at (800) 954-9444 and we will dispatch a team of technicians to examine the mold problem in your home and start mold cleanup work.