For emergency fire restoration services, call ServiceMaster DSI.
Do you have the proper fire prevention techniques in place to protect your home from accidental fire damage? You might be under the impression that a fire could never happen in your home, or that you are well-protected enough to combat the damage that flames might do. Unfortunately, many residents have thought the same thing and still needed fire restoration by ServiceMaster DSI in Kansas City, MO. With an emergency hotline always answered by a live person, we are here to help immediately, and available 24/7.
Fire prevention is something you should assess on a yearly basis to make sure everyone understands what can cause a fire in your home. By thoroughly checking through your home this fall, you can reduce your risk for fire restoration needs. We’ve provided a few tips below to help prevent fire damage in your home:
- Avoid overloading outlets with too many cords and splitters.
- Clean out cobwebs around water heater and heater.
- Check the smoke detector batteries every 6 months.
- Make sure you have a smoke detector in each room.
- Check all electrical cords to make sure they are not worn.
- Do not plug power strips in to other power strips.
- Avoid hanging anything above lamps, such as curtains.
- Keep all flammable substances in the shed or garage.
- Keep matches and lighters stored in a safe and secure area.
These are just a few steps you can take to keep your family safe and reduce your risk of a fire. The tips above are the things we are in control of, but sadly we can’t control everything. That’s why ServiceMaster DSI provides immediate fire restoration services in Kansas City, North Kansas City, and St. Joseph, MO, as well as Overland Park, KS. Don’t hesitate to call us. We will come on site immediately and help restore your home or office, and help ease the worries of your mind after fire damage.