There can be many reasons for water damage such as plumbing failures, flooding, and stagnating water resulting from firefighting efforts. It is important to act quickly and restore things back to normal since water can cause a lot of damage to your property and result in different health problems. The best thing you can do is get in touch with your local water damage restoration firm in Kansas City, MO as soon as possible so they can immediately start the required work and reduce loss.
Water Damage and Property Loss
Water damage can lead to many different types of property loss:
- In cases where water is polluted by sewage, all textile based things that get soaked in the contaminated water will have to be discarded.
- Carpets will have to be disposed of if they are not thoroughly dried within forty eight hours after they get soaked in water.
- Insulation, stuffed toys, bedding, as well as clothing will have to be thrown away if such things are affected by contaminated water.
- Water can seep into structural cavities, develop locked-in saturation pockets, and effect the structural integrity of the building.
Water Damage and Health Risks
Apart from loss of property, water damage can also result in many health risks. If remedial steps are not taken to remove water and dry up the place, mold growth can begin within 24 hours after the water damage and lead to severe health problems. Also, stagnating water in the house will increase humidity and dampness. Researchers have found that dampness can augment the possibility of different respiratory issues by about 30%.
Responsibilities of Restoration Companies
Restoration professionals have to perform many different tasks to salvage your belongings and return the house to its previous state, including:
- Removing any stagnating water from your house by using high power water extraction equipment.
- Hygrometers are used for detecting the presence of moisture in the house so dryers and dehumidifiers can be used quickly and efficiently to dry up the place.
- Packout and content storage services are also provided to securely store your belongings while your home is being cleaned, sanitized, and dehumidified. Content restoration work is also performed to restore things to their pre-damage state.
- If electrical systems have been damaged by water, temporary power and climate control services can be provided. This includes providing portable air conditioners, temporary lighting, power distribution boxes, and electrical generators.
- In case the structural integrity of your home has been affected, board up services are provided to seal and secure exposed parts of the building such as windows.
In case you are facing water damage and looking for a water damage restoration company in Kansas City, MO, you should get in touch with us. We have years of experience and can quickly restore things back to normal. Just give us a call at 800-954-9444 to initiate the restoration process.