Natural disasters such as storms can bring heavy rainfall and lead to considerable water damage in Olathe, KS homes. Carpets are one of the most commonly damaged items in your home after flooding. When your carpets suffer water damage, the only way to fully recover them is with professional carpet cleaning from ServiceMaster DSI.
There are a lot of technical aspects that go into cleaning carpets after water damage, requiring in-depth training and expertise. Today, we’re going to look at how our professional carpet cleaning technicians choose the right cleaning products to help restore your carpets after water damage.
Paying Attention to Constituent Elements of Cleaners
Choosing the right carpet cleaner is crucial to successfully restoring your carpets after water damage. That’s why our technicians receive ongoing training to properly evaluate a damage scenario and choose the right cleaners.
For example, when selecting water-based carpet cleaners, we make sure the cleaner contains:
- Surfactants: Surfactants help in reducing surface tension so the cleaner easily spreads over the fibers of the carpet to effectively remove soiling
- Solvents: Solvents help dissolve stains and soils. Solvents also solubilize the rest of the ingredients in the cleaning formulation to maintain a stable solution
- Builders: Another important carpet cleaner ingredient is builders. Builders enhance cleaning power by softening the water which in turn improves the function of surfactants
- Anti-Redeposition Agents: Anti-redeposition agents remain deposited over the fibers of the carpet after the carpet cleaning is completed to minimize the attraction and deposition of soils over the carpet’s surface
- Enzymes: If flooding leaves protein stains as well as odors, we use a cleaner that contains enzymes. Enzymes work as catalysts that help in altering the physical properties of stains and odors and aids in their removal
- Bases: Residential carpet cleaning experts ensure the selected cleaner has the needed bases to react with fat and oil components present in soil which makes them easier to remove
Using Cleaners with a Neutral pH
Our carpet cleaning professionals always focus on selecting cleaners that have neutral pH levels. This way we’re able to ensure the cleaner will be safe for the environment as well as gentle on flood damaged carpets.
We also don’t rely on harsh chemical reactions. The surfactants and solvents present in these cleaners penetrate the soils and dissolve them.
Another benefit of using neutral pH cleaners is they’re able to dissolve and clean a much wider array of soils compared to alkaline and acidic cleaners.
As you can see, experience is quite important in carpet cleaning work after natural disasters in Olathe, KS, and ServiceMaster DSI is a company with experts who have the experience and training to effectively restore your home after disaster. For immediate assistance contact us at (816) 527-9412.