Extensive water damage resulting from problems such as flooding often brings along several other problems, one of which is mold growth. When facing a mold infestation resulting from water damage, you need to hire a company for mold remediation in Leawood, KS so dangerous health problems and serious damage to property resulting from mold can be prevented.
Mold Growth and Associated Issues
Mold damages your property and causes serious health issues. In particular:
- One type of mold, Stachybotrys Chartarum, is toxigenic and results in neurological problems.
- Common health issues resulting from exposure to mold include persistent, running nose, sneezing, skin rashes, and many other types of allergic
- It can also increase the chances of respiratory problems by about fifty
Damage to Property
- Mold can easily damage things it grows on, as for example, furnishings.
- Mold also discolors drywall, rots wood, and makes walls and floors weak.
Fixing Mold Problems
Getting rid of mold safely and correctly are very important. To accomplish the task of mold removal, remediation firms utilize various methods, including:
- Wet Vacuuming: This technique helps in the removal of water from carpets, hard surfaces, and floors. It is only a useful method, however, when there is enough water to remove.
- Damp Wipe: Nonporous surfaces are scrubbed or wiped utilizing detergent and water.
- Dry Brushing: Wire brushing and sanding are used for eradicating mold from wooden surfaces like subfloors, support structures, and frames.
- HEPA Vacuum: As part of the final cleanup, HEPA vacuums are used after things have completely dried.
- Biocides: Biocides, like chlorine bleach, are used for total eradication of the problem. Biocides are especially useful in case there are immune compromised people in the house.
Selecting the Right Firm
When choosing a company to perform mold remediation, you need to:
- Ensure that they have liability and general insurance as well as required workmen’s compensation.
- Insist that they provide an inspection report in writing that details the areas affected by the mold problem and the actions they have planned to correct the problem.
- Confirm the company has sufficient experience and they adhere to mold removal guidelines as mentioned in BSR-IICRC S520.
If you are facing a mold problem in your home and looking for a firm which provides mold remediation in Leawood, KS, contact ServiceMaster DSI. We have the necessary training, certification, and experience to completely eradicate the mold problem from your home.
Just give us a call at (816)-763-6677. Our experts will come to your home, evaluate the severity of the mold problem, and provide you with a detailed and accurate cost estimate to fix the problem.