Hoarding and collection of unnecessary things over a span of years can become really difficult to clean and lead to an unsafe and unhealthy living environment in your home. The volume of cleaning work required could be overwhelming, and the best option for you is to hire a firm for hoarder cleanup in Prairie Village, KS.
Why Do People Hoard?
Hoarding could be due to a disorder known as compulsive hoarding, where a person finds it difficult to discard things which other people feel have very little value. Over time, such hoarding results in a lot of clutter which fills up the living space, making it difficult to live normally or safely in the house.
What Are the Negative Effects of Hoarding?
As per the IOCDF, hoarding can cause serious problems in many different ways:
- Hoarding creates serious clutter which can threaten the safety and health of people living in the home or in nearby homes. It can result in structural damage, health problems, fire, and possibly death.
- Emotionally distressing and expensive evictions, or similar other court directed initiatives, can result in homelessness.
- Conflict with other people living in the house, and with friends who are concerned about the hoarding behavior and the condition of the house.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Firm for the Cleanup
Since this type of cleanup involves working with people who may be suffering from a disorder, the benefit of hiring experienced cleaning professionals is that they are respectful, compassionate, and understand the emotional challenge such people face during the cleanup process.
These professionals also have excellent communication skills to make you feel relaxed, and can handle the situation in such a way that you don’t feel embarrassed about the condition your house is in.
Hoarding Cleanup Services
Some of the hoarder cleanup services provided by firms include:
- Classifying areas and items using stickers for streamlining the process.
- Valuable items which are no longer required are collected and steps taken for them to be auctioned, sold during a garage sale, or donated.
- Clean up of debris and junk as well as remove the clutter and assist in shredding or recycling.
- After the clutter is removed, professionals perform a thorough cleaning to ensure the home is returned to safe, hygienic conditions.
If anyone in your home is suffering from a compulsive hoarding disorder and the hoarding situation in your home is worsening day by day, you need to call us to take up the task of hoarder cleanup in Prairie Village, KS.
Our cleaning professionals have the required experience in such cleanup tasks and the needed expertise and skills to relieve the anxiety hoarders feel when the cleanup work starts. Just call us on our customer support number, 800-954-9444, to let us know the situation you are facing. We will come to your home, analyze the problem, and start work.